To set up Thunderbird for IMAP, perform the following steps:
Account Settings / Outgoing Server (SMTP).
- In Thunderbird, select File / New / Mail Account.
- In the Your name box, enter your first and last name. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
- In the Password box, enter the password for your email account.
- Click the Continue button.
- Thunderbird will attempt to automatically detect account settings, click the Stop button.
- Under Editing Config, enter the following information:
Outgoing—Enter the secure server name: hmw00.host-my-website.com (replace the 00 with your server number)
- Username—Enter your entire email address but with a plus ( + ) sign instead (e.g., myname+mydomain.com).
- Incoming—Enter the secure server name:hmw00.host-my-website.com (replace the 00 with your server number)
Note: If you have already configured an outgoing server for another account, the previously established Outgoing will be displayed. This can be changed after setup by going to Tools /
Click the Re-test Configuration button.
After Thunderbird verifies the account information, click The Create Account button.
- Click the POP / IMAP drop-down menu and select IMAP.
- Enter the incoming port number 993, and select SSL in the security drop-down menu.
- Enter the outgoing / SMTP port number 25, 465 or 587 (depends on your ISP), then select SSL in the security drop-down menu.